Friday, 30 August 2019

Exploring Simple Machines- the Wedge

On Wednesday we learned all about the simple machine called a Wedge. Did you know that a nail is a wedge?  Did you know scissors are a wedge? A wedge can be used to help join things together or split things apart. We had so much fun banging in nails, cutting play dough with wedges, and practising using scissors to cut shapes.










3 comments:

  1. Hi room 2
    I did not know a nail was a wedge.
    and I like how use showed us what you were doing, and talked about it.
    We're learning about wedges too and simple machines.
    By Xavier STB room 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Room 2 :)

    We have loved viewing your posts - they show that you are doing some great learning at your place!

    We have been doing Science using predicting, testing and recording our results!

    We found out that sometimes what we thought would happen did not - so we learned!

    We have loved experimenting with dissolving different materials - it was great!

    What did you love finding out the most?

    Ka kite,

    Te Kākano

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi room 2
    I like how you told me about the wedge
    That reminds me about when I use a wedge to split open a can of paint
    From Taylor

    ReplyDelete